Welcome to Art & Graphics
Art & Graphics Department
“Art is too important not to share” Romero Britto
- Students will develop knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to their chosen title through integrated practical, critical and contextual study.
- They will have direct engagement with original works and practice
- Students may work in any medium or in a combination of different medium provided they are meeting the aims and assessment objectives are met.
- Students will learn through practical experience and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sources that inform their creative intentions.
- Students will have opportunities to develop and apply relevant subject specific skills so that they are using visual language in the communication of their personal ideas
- Students will reflect critically over time, their creative journey and its effectiveness in relation to the realisation of their personal intentions.
- Students will create a range of imaginative work and will have opportunities to display this work
- Students will have opportunities to enter local and national Art competitions. We have had several winners every year.
Art Curriculum Documents
Art & Graphics News
- Lord Lieutenant Young Person of the Year 2022
Year 11 work by 3 students was selected for the Lord Lieutenant's Young Person of the Year 2022 (17/05/2022)