Madani Schools Oracy Accolades and Media Coverage
Madani Schools have been recognised locally as an Oracy Hub school in Leicester and nationally through the English-Speaking Union as winners of the 'Oracy Culture Award' and by the charity Voice 21 as one of two secondary schools nationally to be awarded the accreditation 'Voice 21 Centre of Excellence'. On 16/12/22 MP Jon Ashworth will be coming into school to present the award to us and BBC Radio Leicester will feature a recorded piece about our work and the award.
To find out more about our work as a Centre of Excellence and to see and listen to just a few of the many occasions where students have used their Oracy skills, please see the links below:
• Our students talking about learning through the pandemic and life beyond Covid-19 from minute 22:00: BBC One - Politics East Midlands, 19/12/2021 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012x6s)
• Our students considering their responsibilities in the world & some of them talked about the importance of Green Islam on the BBC World Service Heart and Soul programme, you can listen here (from 2 minutes): BBC World Service - Heart and Soul, Green Islam (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct423p)
• Madani school in Leicester receives national oracy award | InYourArea Community (https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/madani-schools-federation-in-leicester-announces-oracy-award/)
Please follow @MadaniSchools on Twitter to keep your eyes peeled for more from our amazing learning community here at Madani.
More News Stories
- Madani Schools Oracy Accolades and Media Coverage
Madani Schools Oracy Accolades and Media Coverage (12/12/2022)
- Debate Competition (June 2022)
Debate Competition (June 2022) (07/06/2022)
- ESU competitions
ESU competitions (29/11/2021)
- Oracy Culture Award
Oracy Culture Award (29/11/2021)